To regulate the working condition of the employees engaged in Shops, Commercial Establishments, Hotel, Theatres and other Establishments, the Bombay Shops and Establishment Act, 1948 come into the force on 11th January 1948.
This Act restricts timing of opening and closing hours of Shops and Commercial Establishment. It keeps control on daily and weekly hours of work of the employees, interval for rest, Spread over. It provides overtime wages, paid holiday and leave with wages to employees.
- Form B – Renewal Application for Shop & Establishment
- Registration of Shops and Establishments
- Form II – Muster Roll cum Wage Register
- Form N – Leave Card
- Form M – Register of Leave
- Form J – Register of Employment
Any citizen who wishes to open a new shop or a commercial establishment wants to commence its business with in the jurisdiction of Government of Maharashtra, has to register itself under this act.
Acts & Amendments